A long time ago in a warehouse not that far away…
On 1st September 2018, Westco Flow Control Ltd changed its name to COMAP UK Ltd. But how did we get to where we are now?
While COMAP has been operating internationally since 1947, in the UK our story began almost forty years ago, when Westco opened a small warehouse unit in Oldham, Lancashire in 1977.
Here’s our story so far!
- Westco launched one of its first iconic products; the Cosmos radiator valve. This was the only valve in the industry at the time to offer both wheelhead and lockshield tops
- Our business cemented its position as an innovator, moving with the times and introducing a continuous stream of new, sleekly designed, labour-saving items. Including one of our most popular product lines, the original Westherm thermostatic radiator valve!
- In 1997 Westco acquired plumbing parts specialist, Dewhurst Distribution
- In 2001 we moved to our current 57,000sq ft warehouse and distribution centre in Leigh, Greater Manchester
- We swiftly added our own state-of-the-art packaging plant for our bagged products
- The Westherm 6 is launched, proving just as popular and well designed as the very first Westherm, all those years ago!
- Westco is acquired in 2006 by Dutch industrial specialist Aalberts Industries
- The business continues to grow; supplying over 5,500 products to more than 3,500 independent and national accounts across the UK and Northern Ireland
- In 2018 – in response to changes in our business context and a strengthening of our global positioning -Westco changes its name to COMAP.
Despite our successful growth as a business, one thing remains the same; we are still committed to providing the UK’s plumbing and heating professionals with the products they need to service every job.