TMVs can help to reduce scalding and ensure safety

A 79-year-old man has died after falling into a scalding hot bath. The disabled pensioner was taking a shower when he fell and suffered severe burns after accidentally knocking the hot tap on. This story is particularly tragic as he lay helpless for hours before being found, and later died in hospital. In response, calls…

Bupa fined £3 million after Legionnaires’ death

Private health firm BUPA has been fined £3 million after a resident at one of their care homes contracted Legionnaires’ disease and died. The man moved into the Essex home in March 2015. However, just three months later he was taken to hospital and diagnosed with pneumonia. His condition rapidly deteriorated, and three days later…

Westco supports the Children’s Burns Trust

Heating and plumbing product specialist Westco is to donate 50p for every Safeguard Thermostatic Mixing Valve (TMV) sold, to the Children’s Burns Trust. The Children’s Burns Trust is a national charity that works with NHS professionals and families to help fund rehabilitation and support for children currently living with burns. In addition, the Trust also…