TMVs can help to reduce scalding and ensure safety

A 79-year-old man has died after falling into a scalding hot bath. The disabled pensioner was taking a shower when he fell and suffered severe burns after accidentally knocking the hot tap on. This story is particularly tragic as he lay helpless for hours before being found, and later died in hospital. In response, calls…

Bupa fined £3 million after Legionnaires’ death

Private health firm BUPA has been fined £3 million after a resident at one of their care homes contracted Legionnaires’ disease and died. The man moved into the Essex home in March 2015. However, just three months later he was taken to hospital and diagnosed with pneumonia. His condition rapidly deteriorated, and three days later…